This is the perfect opportunity for history lovers and performers of all kinds. Work outdoors and meet people from around world as you show them the incredible history of Philadelphia!
We currently have job openings for two different tours.
The Constitutional Walking Tour
A history tour through Independence National Historic Park in Old City. Guides will take students on field trips and tourists from around the world to all of the most historic sites in Philadelphia such as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell and explain their significance. This is primarily a daytime tour and applicants should be available at least 3 weekdays a week between the hours of 9am and 1pm.
The Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour
A tour through Old City Philadelphia and down into Society Hill to the many historic graveyards of Philadelphia. This tour includes information on Philadelphia's history but mainly consists of spooky stories and terrifying tales of Philadelphia's past. Prospective guides should be confident in giving a lively performance that should have guests roaring with laughter at points and trembling with fear at other points. This is primarily a nightime tour and applicants should be available at least 4 nights a week including at least one of Friday or Saturday night.
Tour Guide Duties:
- Conduct comprehensive guided walking tours of Historic Philadelphia for tourists, groups and schools.
- Lead groups of up to 45 people
- Escort groups on 75 minute tour of approximately 20 historic sites, following a script that provides information and interesting tidbits on Philadelphia's history and/or ghost stories.
- Promote and sell tour tickets to visitors in the historic area.
- Perform administrative tasks for The Constitutional as necessary.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume, with the SUBJECT LINE of the email entitled "TOUR GUIDE". Be sure to describe why you would like to work with us and what you will add to our team.
The Constitutional Guided Walking Tours LLC is an equal opportunity employer.