This casting call has expired. To see current casting calls Click here.
OPEN AUDITIONS for "THE SOUND OF MUSIC"
Music by Richard Rodgers
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II
Book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse
Directed by Leslie Fotheringham
Asst. Director Erik Ball
Musical Direction Shauna Oblad
Choreographer Teresa Martinez
You are cordially invited to the OPEN CALL AUDITIONS for the first musical in Signature Productions 2010-2011 Season.
OPEN AUDITION DATES
NEVADA BALLET THEATRE: 1651 inner Circle Drive, Las Vegas, NV.89134
Tuesday, July 13 - 7:30pm
Thursday, July 15 - 7:30pm
BUNKER DANCE CENTER: 7850 West Ann Road, Las Vegas, NV 89149
Saturday, July 17
OPEN CALL - 1pm
DANCE CALL - 3pm
CALLBACKS will be held on TUESDAY, JULY 20 and SATURDAY, JULY 24. (By invitation only)
ALL ROLES AVAILABLE
Roles available for SINGERS AND ACTORS ages 7 - 65 years.
Musical movement abilities are required for some roles.
Maria Ranier - A lively, vivacious and very musical postulant (nun trainee) who is not suited to the life of a nun. She becomes the governess/friend/loving mother-figure to thevon Trapp children before falling in love with the Captain.
* Capt. Georg von Trapp - A retired naval officer, proud Austrian and strict father who has dealt with his wife's death by running his home like a naval ship and by making frequent, extended trips to Salzburg and Vienna.
* Baroness Elsa Schraeder - The Captain's wealthy, attractive fiancé. She is a strong business woman and believes in going along to get ahead in business.
* Max Detweiler - A manipulative, penniless (yet beloved) impresario who is a friend of Elsa and the Captain's. A follower.
* Mother Abbess - The firm but understanding Mother of Nonnberg Abbey. She is a mother figure for Maria.
* Rolf Gruber - (18 yrs.) Baritone Liesl's confident, 17 year-old boyfriend (going on 18) who eventually fights for the Nazis.
* OTHER ADULTS ROLES - Sister Berthe, Sister Sophia, Sister Margaretta, Frau Scmidt, Herr Zeller, Admiral von Schreiber, Franz the Butler, Male & Female Chorus.
Leisl - (16-17 yrs.) Soprano von Trapp starry-eyed eldest daughter, who has fallen in love for the first time (with Rolf).
Friedrich - (14-15 yrs.) von Trapp eldest son, 14 years-old but wants to act mature / be a man like his father.
Louisa - (12-13 yrs.) von Trapp 13 year-old daughter, who is a trickster.
Kurt - (10-11 yrs.) von Trapp 10 year-old son, who is happy to play.
Brigitta - (8-10yrs.) von Trapp 9 year-old daughter, who is very observant and says what she thinks, closest to their father.
Marta - (6-8 yrs.) von Trapp 7 year-old daughter, who wants to be special.
Gretl - (5-6 yrs.) von Trapp youngest daughter, who wants to be noticed and loved.
(Ages above refer to the character's STAGE AGE.)
WHAT TO PREPARE:
When auditioning during the OPEN CALL prepare a 32-bar vocal selection showcasing your vocal abilities. Selections from THE SOUND OF MUSIC or a similarly styled Broadway Musical are preferred. If your selection is from a show other than THE SOUND OF MUSIC, please bring sheet music in the proper key. When auditioning for the DANCE CALL please dress for movement. An accompanist will be provided.
PLEASE BRING A HEADSHOT AND A RESUME.
Adults who wish to schedule an appointment in advance may contact Leslie Fotheringham at email@example.com. If you are unable to attend the scheduled audition dates, you may contact us for an alternative audition time or submit your audition via DVD or online posting.
REHEARSALS and PERFORMANCES
Rehearsals begin the week of August 9th at Nevada Ballet Theatre. Rehearsals are conducted in the evenings on weekdays based on the availability of the cast.
Performance for THE SOUND OF MUSIC will take place at the Summerlin Library Performing Arts Center, 1771 Inner Circle Drive. The shows run October 18 - November 20, Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening with 2 Saturday matinees. There is no pay.
For more information about our company visit our website www.signatureproductions.net , or email firstname.lastname@example.org.