This casting call has expired. To see current casting calls Click here.
* OPEN CALL AUDITIONS THIS EVENING, WEDNESDAY JUNE 9, 2010
* Seeking Non-AEA Actors/Actress (18-45) Any Race/Gender For The Upcoming World Premier Production Of, " TULPA , OR ANNE & ME "
(Production Title): TULPA, OR ANNE & ME
(Playwright): Shawn C. Harris
(Producers): Crossroads Theatre Project in conjunction with Cinder Block Theatre
(Director): Keri Seymour
(Theater Venue): WOW Cafe Theatre (East village off-broadway theatre row) other theatre's on the block are: New York Thr.Workshop , Paradise Theatre , Red Room , Kraine Theater , Teatro Circulo , DUO Theatre , LaMamma , Rod Rogers Dance Co & Teatro IATC.
(We are a off-broadway community)
* Non-Equity Off-Broadway Staged Reading Production
"TULPA, OR ANNE & ME" is an experimental, semi-autobiographical full-length play that confronts the intersections of race, gender, and sexuality through pop culture, womanism, and Tibetan mysticism.
When a tulpa in the form of Anne Hathaway crawls out of your television, what do you do? What do you talk about? What hopes, fears, desires, and resentments emerge? How would you change one other? "Tulpa, or Anne&Me" explores the hidden inner life of a Black woman in order to expose how marginalization traumatizes the human psyche, thus taking the first steps toward healing it.
CHARACTERS: Actors/Actresses needed for 4 roles. Credentials and experience are great. What matters most is being easy to work with and your ability to bring passion, intelligence, sensitivity, versitile and conviction to the role.
Available Roles: (Character breakdown)
* ME: African-American Actress, mid-20s to early 30s. Plain-looking, reserved, introspective- (Lead Role).
* ANNE HATHAWAY: Caucasian Actress, mid-20's to mid 30's.Tulpa of the movie star. More than what she seems-(Lead Role).
* GUARDIAN ANGEL OF BLACKNESS #1: Any Race/Gender , mid-20's to mid-30's. An angel. The protective one. Big, loud, and fierce.....comic timing a plus+ (Supporting Role) (Trans, LGB&T performers encouraged to audition).
* GUARDIAN ANGEL OF BLACKNESS #2: Any Race/Gender, late-20's to early 40's. An angel. The nurturing one. Warm, calm, and compassionate - to a point-(Supporting Role)
* UNDERSTUDIES: Seeking (2-3) to cover roles.
* CASTING REQUIREMENT (Please, read if auditioning for the role of, Anne)
Seeking a talented actress for the role of, ANNE. A ballpark resemblance (think stunt double) is ideal. We're not looking for a clone. What's most important is someone who can bring something interesting to the role. Just FYI: The piece features a kinky lesbian romance. No sex, no nudity. But seduction and dirty talk - oh, yeah!
* Please, prepare a monologue ( NO SHAKESPEARE OR CLASSICAL PIECES )--------------Sides will also be available.
This is a NON-EQUITY OFF-BROADWAY STAGE READING-PRODUCTION.
Rehearsal & Performance Scehedule: ( Must be available for all rehearsals/performances )
* Sat 6/19 (2pm-6pm)
* Sun 6/20 (1pm-6pm)
* Mon 6/21 (6pm-9pm)
* Tues 6/22 (8pm-11pm)
Stage Reading/Performance Date: Wednesday June 23, 2010 (12 noon.-11p.m.) * Please, note: you'll be needed all/day!
* There will be 2 shows on 6/23 (matinee-2pm & evening-8pm performance)
*** Seeking performers with , NO SCHEDULING CONFLICTS***
NO PAY....But great media exposure, comp tix, and oppournity to originate role in the 2010 fall/winter production.
AUDITION INFORMATION (OPEN CALL THIS EVENING)
WHEN: TODAY-Wednesday June 9, 2010
TIME: Sign-In sheet monitor arrives at 6:30p.m. ( Auditions begin from 7P.M.-10P.M.)
WHERE: HAN Studio
ADDRESS: 421 7th Ave. (entrance on West 33rd St.) Suite #1005, NYC 10001
* Bring stapled headshots/resumes ( It's important to bring a headshot and resume. So, we can remeber WHO YOU ARE!)
* Please, have a monologue prepared just in case asked
* If, unable to attend audition send headshots/resumes to: Og2_ar_director@yahoo.com
Good Luck 2 All Performers Auditioning !!!!