This casting call has expired. To see current casting calls Click here.
Debutantes & Vagabonds is a sponsored project of the Greater Austin Creative Alliance, a non-profit arts service organization, working to advance, connect and celebrate Austin's creative life. The production of Some Days is funded and supported in part by the City of Austin through the Cultural Arts Division.
Production Title: Some Days, a new play written by John Boulanger
- Workshop Reading on Saturday, May 1st at 7pm.
- Rehearsals begin on Monday, June 1st (Mon - Thurs, 7pm - 10:30pm)
- Performances are Thursday, July 15th - August 1st ( Thurs - Sun at 8pm, 1 matinee per weekend)
Audition Dates: Monday, April 19th - Tuesday, April 20th ; 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Contact: Email resumes and headshots to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then contact you to schedule an appointment and provide sides.
- Patrick Arber - Late 20s to Early 30s, male. A cynical playwright turned agoraphobe celebrating/mourning the 5 year anniversary of his affair with his brother's wife, Kate. Likes to create worlds with his words and is currently being eaten alive with guilt. Writing a play with the working title, "Suicide. Note."
- Kate Arber - Late 20s, female. An interior decorator who "gets" Patrick's dark humor and adores him for it. Has no intentions of ever telling her husband that she's sleeping with his brother. Wonders if she's enough for Patrick or if he's sleeping with his
- Jack Arber - Early to Mid 30s, male. A plastic surgeon who's making the world a better place one breast at a time. Often confides in his little brother about his suspicions that Kate is
having an affair.
- Mother - Mid 50s, female. A murder mystery novelist and mother to Patrick and Jack. A lush who uses her sons as fodder for new story ideas and often wonders what she's done to deserve two deviants for sons.
- Woman/ Hannah - Ageless, female. Patrick's analyst and confidante. Quite sexy. May or may not exist outside of Patrick's head.