A scene for 2 characters from the film "A Serious Man" by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
About this Monologue
- Characters: Larry Gopnik?Judith Gopnik???
- Scene type / Who are: Married, Having an argument, Leaving/dumping somebody
- Type: Serio-comic
- Year: 2009
- Genre: Family, Drama, Comedy
- Description: Larry Gopnik is dumped by his wife
- Location: 19 minutes into the movie
In this scene Larry's wife Judith walks in the kitchen while Larry ...
Written by Administrator
This is copyrighted material
INT. LARRY GOPNIK'S HOUSE-NIGHT
Larry is going through his class' homework in the kitchen. Judith, his wife, walks in.
JUDITH: "Did you talk to Sy?"
LARRY: "Ssssy? Sy Ableman. That's right, he called. But I..."
JUDITH: "You didn't talk to him?"
JUDITH: "You know the problems that you and I have been having?"
JUDITH: "Well, Sy and I have become very close. In short, I think it's time that we start talking about a divorce."
Judith sits at the table. Larry stops working on the homework. Looks shocked.
LARRY: "Sy Ableman?"
JUDITH: "This is not about Sy."