A monologue from the film "Ratatouille" by Brad Bird and Jim Capobianco
About this Monologue
- Character: Linguini????
- Gender: Male
- Age Range(s): Teenager (13-19), Young Adult (20-35)
- Type of monologue / Character is: Depressed, Lamenting, Frustrated
- Type: Serio-comic
- Year: 2007
- Period: Contemporary
- Genre: Fantasy, Family, Comedy, Animation
- Description: Linguini despairs about his job
- Location: 29 minutes into the film
"Don't look at me like that. You're not the only one who's trapped. They expect me to cook it again! I mean, I'm not ambitious. I wasn't trying to cook. I was just trying to stay out of trouble. You're the one who was getting fancy with the spices! What did you throw in there? Oregano? No? What? Rosemary? That's a spice, isn't it? Rosemary? You didn't throw rosemary in there? Then what was all the flipping and all the throwing the...(he sits down) I need this job. I've lost so many. I don't know how to cook and now I'm actually talking to a rat as if you.....hahahha! Did you nod? Have you been nodding? Ha! You understand me?.......